Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh sweet coffee break

So this week I had the need to thank someone for their help with a previous project. He leads a similar life to my own: minimal sleep, maximum coffee intake. As such, I concluded that the perfect way to show my appreciation was with the one thing generally missing in this daily routine, delicious homemade sustenance.

The answer, coffee cake.

And as I was mixing it up, it only seemed time and cost effective to whip up my own gluten-free batch to get me through the week.

I googled "starbucks coffee cake" and with a few minor tweaks for the Gluten-free version, it came out incredibly delectably. I've enjoyed it thoroughly up to this point. I was hesitant to follow through on the call for pecans, but I'm glad that I did, it really rounded out the flavor.


For the recipe go here


All packaged and ready to gift.


And to eat..


I highly recommend this one! Eat up.

2 comments:

  1. Coffee cake is one of my favorite things on earth (hint, hint...) There's a bakery in San Francisco that does a sour cream coffee cake with an inch-thick struesel topping: to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I'm glad you like it as much as I do! And the gluten free version was actually just as tasty, though next time I'm definitely making extra topping:)

      Delete