Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pick Up the Pan


It's one of those weeks. One of those times when you just can't sit down so you have to remind yourself to shower and eat meals and sleep. One of those times when the basic needs go out the window because the higher needs of success and designing things and getting an education and trying to keep your friends seem much more important. It's one of those weeks.

So I forced myself to cook. No, not microwave, cook. Between the instant rice, instant oatmeal, and last weeks leftovers, I had to remind myself that I still had a kitchen and hands and the capacity to make something fresh.

Granted it's an omelette, but this is one darn fine omelette. Some sautéed onions and peppers, grilled turkey, sliced up bacon, and gooey melted soy cheese all wrapped up in a hefty blanket of eggs.

My plan was to not need food later that day, and I succeeded. This mouthwatering delight turned food baby and powered me for hours.


If this doesn't make your mouth water, then you're either not a college student or you're vegan.

That said, it could have been my personal drought of good food or really just a luckily great combination, but for me this was the omelette of omelettes. Really gosh darn fantastic.

Its funny living with 5 roommates because I see we all go through that same cycle, and I think that some of our best foods come out when we've gone without cooking for so long. Have you ever made anything awesome when you've gone without cooking for a while? I'd love to hear or see what your own "taste famines" have created.


No comments:

Post a Comment