Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stripe Tease


The walls themselves were a huge project, but now, 5 months later, I was dying to tie in the living room with the same fun stripes! With the neutral colors, they can spice up any color scheme. Here's what you need:

-2 White twin sheets ($4.75 each at Fred Meyer)
-1 can of Krylon Pewter Gray spray paint
-2 8" shite pieces of cardboard as wide as your curtain

Simply space out the cardboard 8" apart on your curtain laid on a flat surface and spray away at the uncovered section. Move the cardboard down the curtain to complete the stripes. I was a bit nervous that with light shining through the sporadic paint might look weird, but I barely notice. So easy, and I'm really glad I did it!



I think it made a huge difference! Let me know what you think and if you try it in your own home! I'd love to see what other color combos people come up with! Maybe ombre?? Next room...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, quite the difference! I'm a little phobic about doing projects like this because I can't even draw a straight line. But you've made it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Brenda! It helps that they ruffle up and give that illusion.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you can paint your walls! Living in an apartment with white walls can be so boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! I got pretty lucky with landlords this year. I've seen people use fabric or curtains to liven up their walls as well and you can do some really cool things.

      Delete